Eindhoven - Front-end Developer
Are you a front-end developer who is into data patterns and clean code? Do you want to grow in an intelligent and cozy team? We are looking for a front-end developer who uses modern techniques to make large amount of Chinese data streams accesible to our users.
Interested? Read on quick!
We are the most unknown world-famous Dutch data intelligence company. We build tools to create better information flows between China and the rest of the world. Our goal is to create transparency and deliver the world’s best intelligence platforms on industry and innovation data in China.This is why you want to work at our company
You will work on modern code with modern techniques
We are a high-tech company. You work with a lot of exposure to multiple aspects. Not just on a small part of the whole. We do not use legacy code bases, but only modern code, techniques and tools. You give our company maximum clout and flexibility by writing clean, modular code. Easy to maintain and evolve. This allows us to respond quickly to the wishes of our customers and new opportunities in the market. Which allows us to quickly add new features to our platforms. Our front- end is highly data-driven and interactive. Almost more complex than our back-end, which makes it very interesting to work on.
You will have impact on our system and users
As a front-end developer, you help to make the large amounts of data we collect accessible to our users. You ensure that the system responds quickly and that the users have an error-free and effortless experience when using our system. This way you give our users the maximum amount of information at their disposal, which is used when making critical decisions with a lot of impact. This prevents potential wrong decisions and allows them to find the information they need much faster. This way you immediately have a strong, visible link of what your work means for our customers.
You help to hide all the complexity by developing an intuitive application. This way you give our customers a “wow” feeling when using our application. In the sense of “wow, that’s possible”, instead of “here you have another incomprehensible, unwieldy and slow application that doesn’t do what I want”. You tailor the application to the wishes of the customer so it actually matches what the customer wants.
You will work in an open culture
Your work environment is surrounded by nice people who are driven and intelligent with a focus on growth. Both technically and in general. You have many varied tasks and a lot of input into how the development team is shaped. You work with the Tech Lead of the team, who guides you on technical content and helps you grow. You will also work in one of the “cross-functional” product teams using the Agile Scrum methodology, together with colleagues with other specializations such as back-end developers, data scientists and engineers, China experts and business developers. Together you work towards the best possible product for our customers.These are your main tasks
- Developing new customer-facing features.
- Improving the user experience of our application, in response to user feedback as well as at your own initiative.
- Testing the front-end application using unit-testing and end-to-end testing, in various browsers and on various devices.
- Customer interaction. Processing user feedback and converting it into a strategy for improvement.
- Continuously improving the application architecture to keep it clean, modular and fast.
- Collaborating with the back-end API team.
- Knowledge of software design patterns and when and how to apply them for the best possible system architecture.
- Able to meet deadlines without compromising core software/code quality. You adhere to high standards whilst also taking into account the (human/technical) resources that are available.
- You actively contribute your experience and opinions to help continuously improve our development processes, tools/stacks and methodologies.
- Experience with developing modern, interactive front-end applications in VueJS or React, experience with Vuex or comparable state management stores like Redux, and experience with front-end testing tools and libraries (Jest, Nightwatch, Selenium etc.)
- Optional (not required): experience with modern front-end build pipelines, in particular NodeJS, NPM, Babel and Webpack, with Typescript, and/or with Vuetify.
- Appropriate financial offer.
- MacBook, Windows or Linux laptop, depending on your preference.
- Team of passionate and talented colleagues.
- Unique challenges arising from the fragmentary nature of our data.
- Involvement in many aspects of the business, such as business development, marketing and customer satisfaction.
- Regular internal presentations where knowledge, challenges and successes are shared.
- Nice and cozy working environment right in the centre of Eindhoven, with snacks and good coffee from a professional Italian espresso machine and weekly Thursday afternoon drinks
Binnen 3 maanden
Ja, we kunnen een visum / werkvergunning verstrekken